Marijuana and Health
Short-Term Effects of Marijuana Use
Marijuana has some physical and mental effects that kick in after only a few uses, including:
- Problems with memory and learning.
- Difficulty thinking and problem solving.
- Lowered grades in school or poor job performance.
- Weakened relationships with friends and family.
- Loss of coordination and risk of injury.
- Inability to drive safely or do complex tasks for up to 24 hours after use.
- Distorted senses of sight, hearing, touch, time, and depth.
- Reduced athletic ability.
- Elevated heart rate.
- Panic attacks.